2020 Austin Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5K
Run or Walk and Raise Money
Scroll further down the page for more information on walking or running in the 2020 Austin Marathon or click the button below if you are ready to register!
Calling All Runners and Walkers!
Join Team Luke Hope for Minds to raise money for kids with a brain injury by running or walking the Austin Marathon, Half-Marathon, 5k and 1-mile fun run.
We are proud to announce Team Luke Hope for Minds was once again chosen as one of the Austin Gives Miles Official Charities. This means Team Luke Hope For Minds is raising money through walkers and runners in the Austin Marathon event. We need your support by either: running or walking and raising money; or donating.
The dollars our runners and walkers raise will go to Team Luke Hope for Minds and more importantly, help children and their families who have been impacted by a brain injury. TLHFM provides guidance and resources, as well as financial and emotional support for families.
When: Saturday, February 15, 2020 – Austin Marathon 1-mile Fun Run
Sunday, February 16, 2020 – Austin Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5k
Not Quite Ready Yet?
Read below for more information
Step by step sign-up and registration
- Go to the Austin Marathon page and register https://youraustinmarathon.com/registration/
- Select which race you’d like to run/walk
- On the first registration page in the “Join a Team” choose “Team Luke Hope For Minds” as the team you want to run with
- Confirm Registration and move on the the second page
- On the second page of registration scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a section labeled “Austin Gives Miles” where it allows you to choose a charity. Choose Team Luke Hope For Minds here too
- Continue through the registration process and complete payment
- Once you’ve registered you will receive an email from us or CrowdRise with a link to create your fundraising page
- On CrowdRise to create your fundraiser: Choose a picture from the selection of pictures we’ve provided. If you want to run for a specific child, we can send you pictures of that child to post. Scroll down for info on running for a specific child. Write up a story about why you’re running for TLHFM and what you’re looking to raise. Or if you’re running for a specific child, you can write about their story.
- Once your page is complete, start sharing and fundraising!
Runner swag and incentives
Just by signing up to run on our team and raising at least $30, you will receive a technical shirt branded Team Luke Hope For Minds for the race, and a goody bag. You also will qualify to receive incentives depending on how much money you raise.
- Raise $200: 1 free full body cyrotherapy session at Restore Cryotherapy
- Raise $450: 3 pack full body cyrotherapy session at Restore Cryotherapy
- Raise $550: Your race registration fee is refunded (up to $139/marathon, $119/half marathon, $39/5k, and $30/Manzano Mile)
- Raise $800: Restore Day from Restore Cyrotherapy (1 IV drip, 1 full body cryo session, 1 facial cryo session, 1 hour compression therapy)
- Other incentives still TBD as well, but more to come!
*Note: incentives are for individuals raising money. For group fundraising efforts please contact Ronda@teamlukehopeforminds.org for group incentives.
Run for a specific child in need
- Complete registration above
- Email Ronda at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you want to run for a specific child. OR go to our website stories of hope page and pick a child you’d like to run for.
- It would be really motivational if you send the child’s family updates throughout your training and fundraising journey. Letters, videos and photos are all fun ways to keep the child in mind and keep them in the loop on what you’re doing.
- NOTE: Donations all go into the main fund for TLHFM, not to specific children. Still a great way to tell a child’s story and motivate people to help so feel free to pick and child and keep them updates just know all the money goes into the main fund and will be distributed appropriately.
Do I have to run with the team?
Absolutely not. You’ll get a t-shirt from the team and are more than welcome to meet up with the team or a run alone.
Where do I pick up my packet?
You will pick up your own packet through Austin Marathon. You will be sent an email closer to the event.
If I run for a child, do they get all the money I raise?
No. The money all goes to the charity and the charity distributes the funds to families as needed. You can use the child’s name and story to help get donations though and just make sure you are specific that all donations will go into the charity fund and will be distributed appropriately to the families in need.
Does my registration fee go to TLHFM?
No. This is the fee the race charges and it goes directly to the event.
I’m not a runner, what can I do to help?
Walk, donate, raise money, volunteer or recruit someone to run on your behalf.
Can I get a group of my own together to raise money?
Absolutely. Email email@example.com. There will only be one fundraising campaign created for the group and the individual incentives will not apply. However we can come up with group goals and incentives as well, depending on the size of the group.
You can even compete against another group to see who can raise the most money. A great way to get people excited about fundraising.
What if someone wants to donate cash or a check instead of going online?
Not a problem.
Cash: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you can coordinate a time to drop off the money.
Checks: Have them make out the check to Team Luke Hope For Minds , write your name and Austin marathon in the memo and mail to: Team Luke Hope For Minds 5701 West Slaughter Lane Austin, TX 78749
Then on your crowdrise page on the right hand side, you can click on “offline donation” and enter the total amount. These offline donations will count towards your total amount raised.